Thursday, May 17, 2012

banana cantaloupe smoothie

I was famished this morning (as usual). I didn't have time to make a big breakfast, but I really wanted to be filled up. That translates to: "dump a bunch of stuff in the blender and drink it." I've been getting much better at smoothies if I do say so myself, and this one ended up exceptional!

Here's the "recipe:"
- 2 slices of frozen cantaloupe (I usually make some fruit salad or something, then freeze some left over fruit for stuff like this)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 unfrozen banana
- 1 cup raw oatmeal
- 1 handful fresh, raw spinach
- 1 cup milk (or more depending how you like the texture)

Blend until smooth and let me know what you think!

I also added some ground flax for omega 3s. You really can't taste it at all, and it's safe for gluten-free diets. This general recipe is usually good for whatever frozen fruit I have on hand and if it REALLY ends up bad, you can always add a bunch of honey or agave. :)

2 comments:

  1. When I saw this smoothie on Pinterest, I thought it might be an odd combination, but I really like it! I even got my son to drink some, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU (and your son) for giving it a try, Susan! :)

    ReplyDelete